Blogging is a form of self-expression that allows you to understand yourself better and discover the talents, qualities and feelings that you never knew you had. It is when you muse about your own thoughts to the world, making yourself vulnerable to criticism yet finding quiet satisfaction in baring your own soul. The fact that there is no particular audience you are targetting with your blogs (most times blogs are just like journal entries that you write for yourself so you keep a record of your ideas and feelings at that moment), they are always deeply personal and therefore more intriguing as compared to commercial magazine articles. With blogging, I find that I have been able to make my thoughts clearer and it has made me less afraid to express my opinions. I still have a long way to go and when I see other people with their reflections written in blog posts, I feel a camaraderie with them. This is a community of people who are honest and free of judgment. They encourage you to write, to express, breathe…
It is only fitting that a platform such as The Liebster Award exists for bloggers to discover and inspire each other. The idea is that a blogger nominates 11 other bloggers and asks them 11 questions about them on their blog. The nominated bloggers answer these 11 questions in their posts and further nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions of their own. My fellow blogger, Lukne-Luna was kind enough to nominate me as one of the bloggers recently. This one is a proper movie geek and gives very detailed analysis of films in her reviews. Her blog has the cutest name: Geeky Cheeky Always Sneaky (her blog link is https://geekycheekyalwayssneaky.wordpress.com). I envy her vast knowledge about films and filmmaking and hope that maybe one day, I too will develop that kind of grasp on the technical side of the subject. Definitely check her out 🙂
Here are my answers to her 11 questions
1. Where are you from?
I was born and raised in New Delhi, India. I moved to Bath, England for a year or so to pursue my masters degree after which I moved back home. Then I moved to Waterford, Ireland to pursue my PhD (in Marketing) but I couldn’t adjust in that city for long (only about 8 months). So I moved to Dublin, Ireland and have been living here for the past two years. I recently got married and my husband is from London, England so that’s second home to me now 🙂
2. First cinema experience?
The first time I ever watched a film in theater is when i was around 4-5 years old. This was the first Jurassic Park. I remember being very excited (and nervous) to go to a theater for the first time and asking my mum how we will find our seats in the dark. I was nervous if the dinosaurs were going to come out of the screen and eat me. The whole experience was surreal and like a dream.
3. Favorite genre?
Perhaps the most intriguing genre for me are Sci-fi/ mystery thrillers. They seem to leave an impression on my mind and I am left thinking about those films for many days after. Another genre that I love is drama, especially period drama. Comedy used to be one of my favourite genres but I feel we live in a rather disappointing era of comedy films.
4. Favorite franchise?
I am not generally interested in fantasy films and it is only because my husband is a fantasy geek that I have started watching fantasy franchises. I think that franchise that has consistently intrigued me with their clever filmmaking is Before Sunrise. Another favourite franchise is Kung Fu Panda.
5. Remakes/reboots – for or against?
Always for. I like getting different perspectives on the same subject matter by different people. But if the reboot does not add anything new to the films, it seems pointless to me.
6. Favorite movie soundtrack?
Carol and Inception
7. Guilty pleasure movie?
Now that’s a question! It’s a Bollywood movie that I have grown up loving and watching many times. The name is Hum Aapke Hai Kaun. It’s a lovely family movie about indian celebrations.
8. A film that you have seen more than 3 times?
So many! But Notting Hill is one of my favourites.
9. Favorite director?
10. Favorite foreign language (non-English) film?
Son of Saul and Amelie
11.Favorite movie from the year you were born?
None so far. Because I am still catching up with old movies. English is not my first language and my interest in films has only developed recently so I have a lot to catch up on.
- Legally Sewed https://legallysewed.wordpress.com/
- Gole Market Wallah https://golemarketwallah.wordpress.com/
- Monday Morning Movie Quarterback https://mondaymorningmoviequarterback.wordpress.com/
- Lost in my Dreams https://lostinmydreamland.wordpress.com/
- Insta PhD https://instaphd.wordpress.com/
- Acid burns Horror Show https://acidburnshorrorshow.wordpress.com/
- Enjoy Wanderlust https://enjoywanderlust.wordpress.com/
- Boring Says You https://boringsaysyou.wordpress.com/
- (Not so) completely. miserable https://peacehacks.com/
- Heart Speaking https://pal10.wordpress.com/
- Daily Inspiration http://dailyinspiration.me/
My 11 questions to you are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What do you absolutely love to do and cannot get enough of?
- What is the biggest change that you have made or want to make in your own life?
- Which movie(s) has/have had the biggest impact on you?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Which of the economic, social or environment issues do you feel most passionate about?
- If you had the chance to be friends with any celebrity (political, social, business, movie star,anyone), who would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- If you had a time machine, would you go back in time or forward in time?
- What is the next milestone that you want to achieve in your life?
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
I look forward to your answers in your posts 🙂